Coming at you on this Saturday night with a heart that’s full and a belly that’s even fuller with a list of some sh*t that’s on my mind.
In no particular order.
1. Speaking of full bellies, my family and I dined at Jacques-Imos on Oak St. tonight as an early Father’s Day celebration. Y’all, it was one of the best meals I’ve had in awhile. We all shared three appetizers: fried green tomatoes with shrimp, fried grit cakes, and alligator and sausage cheesecake. Next was the salad, which was a simple spinach salad with a plum vinaigrette and a fried oyster on the side, followed by our entrees. I ordered the seared tuna, which came with a salad topped with lump crab meat, fresh citrus and walnuts, and beets. Heaven. My mom ordered the Godzilla, which was a fried soft shell crab on top of a bed of fried green tomatoes smothered in remoulade. Delicious. All of it, especially my fresh watermelon mojito. 😉
2. I’m this close to adopting a kitten. A friend of mine is fostering this sweet calico kitty, and I got to meet her last night. If all goes well, I should be calling her my own very soon!
3. A friend of mine told me last night that I should start writing my theatre reviews again. What I used to do is write a post about every show happening in the city that month, as a means to promote local theatre, but I’d also give my two cents if I happened to see the show, etc. Apparently, people liked it, so I guess I’ll have to bring it back!
4. I started watching the Mindy Project the other day as I was getting ready for work. I just like to have something on as background noise, and I refuse to turn my television on for whatever reason. Well, I’m mad obsessed. Mindy Kaling is a comedic genius. Her writing is quick, witty, smart, and hilarious. I can firmly state that I would HAPPILY sandwich myself between her, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Krisiten Wiig, and Amy Schumer. I just really want that to happen to me. Funny lady sandwich. Are you there, God? It’s Kaitlyn.
5. I bought Mindy Kaling’s book, “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)” today, and I absolutely cannot wait to start reading it.
6. Speaking of books, Barnes and Noble makes me wildly uncomfortable. I don’t know if it’s because it’s so huge, or if because I feel like I’m on display when I ride the escalator, or if because right when I walk into their doors, I always have to pee. I don’t know what it is. But as soon as I walked in, I got anxious and started sweating and then laughing uncontrollably at myself because I was acting so weird. People probably thought I was losing my mind. Which I am. But no one needs to know that.
7. I don’t have a theatre production lined up, as of now, for the future, and that’s making me incredibly nervous. And sad. I have a handful of “gigs” you could say. I’m workshopping a new script, acting in You Don’t Know the Half Of It, hosting Play Club NOLA, and performing in a two-night fundraiser show of Grease 2. All good things! But no productions, even after a slew of auditions. It leaves this weird pit in my stomach, and I hate it. Actor problems.
8. I emailed a personal trainer today for assistance on nutrition and exercise plans. Thought if I shared that with the universe via my blog it would hold me more accountable in the fitness/healthy lifestyle front.
Alright, suckers. Have a nice Saturday. There’s a book and some coffee ice cream waiting for me. Diet starts, uh, Monday?