So I’ve been reading blogs for years now.
It’s my “me time.”
I’m currently at work, sipping green tea out of my Luke’s Diner mug, and catching up on some blogs.
For those who are interested, the blogs I read religiously (meaning, if I miss a day, I MUST go back to see what they posted) are:
- Peanut Butter Fingers – a blog centered around fitness, healthy eats, and the newest addition to their sweet family, a little baby boy (and Sadie of course :))
- Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life – similar to PBF, this is a blog that balances mommyhood and health and wellness. It also incorporates the occasional bowl of ice cream or delicious cookie recipe!
- Carrots ‘N’ Cake – a blog about CrossFit, pugs, and an adorable baby boy, this blog talks about the balance of life as a fit mama!
- Chelsea Eats Treats – a blog about a 20-something, newly engaged, fitness-loving gal named Chelsea living life in D.C.! I’ve actually emailed back and forth with Chelsea, and she is so sweet. Thanks for the advice about the best beer gardens in D.C., Chelsea!
- Running On Peanut Butter – I LOVE THIS GIRL. Allie is a sassy, young, super cool lady who loves fitness, wholesome food and dudes with beards. I kind of feel like she’s my real life friend, even though we’ve never met. Allie gets real with you, which I appreciate. Plus she has super cute gym selfies*~
All of these, I love and have been inspired by each in one way, shape or form.
Ladies, if any of you ever need a guest post written by a sassy 20-something, let a girl know. 😉
I’m just dropping into today with a random mix of what’s been on my mind. Thankfully, this week has flowwwwwwwn by. Though I missed yesterday’s workout and will most likely miss today’s due to a bought with a scratchy throat/minor fever, the week is still shaping up nicely.
So, here we go with some Thoughts On A Thursday.
- I woke up this morning feeling under the weather, so instead of my morning cup of joe, I did a salt water gargle and green tea. Yo, I need coffee. It’s 1:10pm and I’m not even sure how I’m alive at this point. Note to self: never tackle a day when you’re not caffeinated. You know better than this.
- I got a flu shot yesterday on my lunch break and managed not to freak out. I’m pretty good with needles and blood and whatnot (it just doesn’t bother me), but I always get a little bit nervous before a shot. I took this one like a pro and treated myself to a piece of chocolate afterwards, because I damn well deserved it.
- Carnival Season is in full swing down here in New Orleans! Parades are rolling, shoes are being thrown, King Cake is being consumed, and I’m loving it all. Mardi Gras season is probably the best holiday, in my opinion. Christmas is great. It’s magical. But Mardi Gras is a freaking party everywhere you turn. Sadly, I won’t be going to any parades this year, because I’m leaving tomorrow at 6pm for…
- WASHINGTON D.C.! I’m spending all next week in Virginia with my dude since we’re off from school for Mardi Gras break, and I am so excited. I cannot wait. I’ll miss Mardi Gras. A lot. I always have so much fun parading with my best friends and dancing in the streets with a daiquiri in my hand and not a care in the world, but with L.D.R’s come sacrifice, and I think my dude is worth missing one Mardi Gras for. 🙂 With that being said, Felix, you’d better be ready to drop everything next year and pack a weekend bag because it’s going down.
- Did I mention I haven’t had any coffee today? Because I haven’t.
- I got a manicure yesterday. Decided to treat myself. It was the first one I’ve gotten in years and it was so relaxing. I chose a cherry red by OPI, and it’s gel which was recommended to me by my roommate who is manicure-savvy. Couple things: 1. Have you read the process for removing gel manicures? Holy hell. Soaking your fingertips in straight acetone and then wrapping them in foil for 15 minutes? What?! That’s terrifying. Will my fingers fall off? Will they bleed? WILL I DIE? 2. Why are there so many nail polish options? Originally, I wanted violet. Purple. Purple is good. I walk over to the swatches, and there are approximately thirty different shades of purple. Some light, some dark, some with glitter. I’m like hold on. Show me the one that will make my nails look like grapes, and I’m good. So I buckled under pressure and chose red instead because it looked pretty and Valentine’s Day is coming up and that means red everything, right?
- One of my best friends, Clare, just texted me about birthday plans for her late March, and I am SO EXCITED. Clare currently lives in Indiana doing awesome baller Indiana things, and I miss her so much. The fact that I might be flying up to spend her birthday with her makes me SO EXCITED. And also taking a weekend trip to Chicago does too! I’ve never been! If you have any recommendations for fun Chicago things (we like food and booze and stand-up comedy), please let me know in the comments section! Or if you’re my friend, just text me. It’s easier. And, uh, you’re my friend so it isn’t weird.
- Remember how I posted about a raging appetite the past few days? Well now I want nothing. I’m forcing myself to eat because it’s mealtime and my body needs food to like, you know, live. One thing I could go for is a bowl of ice cream or a popsicle. Creole Creamery, do you deliver?
- I am more than ready for this workday to be over. I want to get into my car, go home, change into my pajamas, and check my “Things To Pack For D.C.” checklist 1000x to make sure I have everything. And also because I’m a little bit OCD.
Before I go, I’d like to leave you with this brief conversation I had with my manicurist yesterday evening:
“How long has it been since last manicure?”
“Oh wow… when I was a senior in high school, I think?”
“Oh, that not bad.”
“… I’m 24.”
“Oh my, no no no. You get manicure more often. These cuticles! No.”
Long story short, more manicures are in order for me because CiCi said so.
Talk to me!
Do you get mani/pedis often? If so, what are your recommendations?
Chicago pals, let me know what I must do while I’m there!