First, I’d like to wish my mom the happiest birthday of all time! I wouldn’t be where I am today without your guidance, wisdom, and love. Thank you for being my Lorelai.
Happy 1st day of fall, everyone!
Cheers to cooler temperatures, leaves changing to orange and red, pumpkin patches, apple-picking, fall festivals, and more!
I am so excited to spend my most favorite season in Virginia for the first time this year! I’m sure it will be a fall to remember.
Coming from New Orleans where we didn’t truly experience seasons, I plan to make the most of the fall months and am already planning a Fall To-Do list for September-November!
- Go to a pumpkin patch and pick a pumpkin!
- Go apple-picking! This is something I have always wanted to do, and I’ve never done it. As a matter of fact, I just met my first apple tree a few weeks back while hiking in Shenandoah!
- Enjoy all of the fall festivals! There are so many happening around Northern VA and DC this fall, and I’m super pumped to experience them!
- Bike the Mount Vernon trail amidst the fall foliage. *cue crying tears of joy*
- Indulge in my inner #basic and taste all things pumpkin. So I love pumpkin-flavored things. WHAT OF IT? One thing I don’t care for, however, is the PSL from Starbucks. Keep it.
- Bake more. Pumpkin bread, apple pie, you name it. There’s something about fall that makes me want to settle in and unleash my inner Betty Crocker.
- Spend SO MUCH TIME outside! Whether that be outdoor runs, evening walks, strolling through Old Town, etc.
- Alexandria’s Turkey Trot! This is a five-mile race in Del Ray, and I CANNOT WAIT TO DO IT. I’ve always wanted to participate in a Turkey Trot and got so jealous when some of my favorite bloggers shared their pictures from participating. This year, I can! And you had better believe I will be dressing up.
The list goes on and on.
I hope everyone has an incredible Thursday and an even better fall season. It’s almost time to break out the boots and scarves, and because of that, WE SHALL REJOICE!
Question of the Day!
What are some of your most favorite fall traditions? Share them with me in the comments section, and we can exchange ideas!