*Disclaimer: this post contains a Gilmore Girls Revival spoiler. You’ve been warned!
As I mentioned in this post, my life has been kind of hectic lately. If it’s not TDY stresses (where my milsos at?!) or work-related stresses (where my millennials at?!), it’s deciding, yet again, what exactly to do with my life.
Why is that always so hard to figure out?
Since my mind has kind of been running a mile a minute as of late, I’m throwing it way back in time (to 2014 and 2015!) and presenting you with another round of A Baker’s Dozen.
- I filed my taxes, and it was depressing. Since moving from Louisiana to Virginia and working as a contract marketer and freelance writer, I had quite a few taxes to pay. It was not pleasant, but I’m happy it’s over…until next year.
- Having my family in town did wonders for my soul. We laughed, we cried, and I got to show them my current stomping grounds, which they loved! I miss them a lot.
- I’m debating on whether or not I should go to grad school for my MFA in acting or creative writing. LOL, NEITHER WILL MAKE ME MONEY, but at least I’d have a Master’s, right? Is that how it works?
- I’ve been really confident about my body the past few weeks. I’ve been going HARD on the ice cream and beer, but I’m still feeling sassy. That’s huge for me.
- I’m doing better with this whole TDY thing than I thought. The time is actually flying by!
- I am itching to travel to Central America. I don’t know where this came from. I blame Anthony Bourdain’s travel shows.
- Additionally, I’m really wanting to visit Hawaii. I mean, have you even seen Hawaii? Flipping BEAUTY.
- I really need to paint my nails. They’re bare right now (even my toenails – GAH!) and it’s freaking me out.
- I’m struggling with some work-related issues that are kind of squashing my spirit and would really like for a door to open for me somewhere.
- I’m attempting to cut out meat and dairy from my diet. So far today, we’re good, aside from the whey protein I had in my oats. I’d just like to try and focus on a more plant-based diet and see what happens!
- My dude is currently drafting his wishlist for his upcoming PCS, and I’m very excited about it…and incredibly nervous. This will be my first PCS, and, honestly, the idea of starting over again is already exhausting.
- I’m 13% fluent in Spanish thanks to my Duolingo app. Anyone out there have apps or programs they can recommend for quick and effective language learning?
- As each day passes, I come to term with the fact that I just might be a living and breathing real life Rory Gilmore. Take that how you will. (Not pregnant).
Question of the Day!
Anyone out there have their MFA? What’s your advice on going for it or not? How has your life changed, if at all, since getting your master’s?